importing HTML into FrameMaker?

Maxwell Hoffmann mhoffman at adobe.com
Fri May 3 21:22:12 PDT 2013

Robert,

If you or an associate have access to RoboHelp, you can open and save the HTML in RoboHelp, which saves it to XHTML. A slight modification to a structured FrameMaker app will open the XHTML as XML. Elements can be mapped to paragraph styles that match your existing unstructured FrameMaker document. Then you save the *.xml file as unstructured FrameMaker.

I had a larger project that involved converting 400 Eclipse Help files from Dreamweaver into unstructured FrameMaker and this worked beautifully. You may find a simpler solution if you are not working with very much structure.

Maxwell Hoffmann |  Product  Evangelist  |  Adobe  |  p. 503.336.5952  |  c. 503.805.3719  |  mhoffman at adobe.com
http://twitter.com/maxwellhoffmannhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/maxwellhoffmann  blogs.adobe.com/techcomm
Upcoming webinars http://adobe.ly/Pbz6xI    Recorded webinars: http://adobe.ly/Pbdp0J