Font information changed

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Wed May 8 11:23:28 PDT 2013

It's probably because Illustrator is, on startup, activating its own set of fonts (having tucked them away somewhere), and deactivates them upon quitting.

I finally solved my problems in FrameMaker with error messages about Helvetica, Times and ZapfDingbats by finding those fonts in an old copy of Illustrator. After doing an install of that old Illustrator (truncated to install just the fonts), I had to move the fonts into my main font directory to have access to them with FrameMaker. It seems to me that (if my memory serves, which, more and more it does not) FrameMaker tucks fonts away somewhere , too, for its own use, so you may want to move those into the main font location as well to have access to them in other programs.

Craig