Corporate madness - Adobe software to be subscription only

rebecca officer rebecca.officer at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Sun May 12 15:38:05 PDT 2013

Hi Jeremy

Did you consider expanding LaTeX?

A fully-featured reliable wysiwyg interface for LaTeX could be a strong unstructured FM alternative.

It's years since I used LaTeX much but I found it pretty good when I did. Not easy, but good.

Cheers
Rebecca

>>> "Jeremy H. Griffith" <jeremy at omsys.com> 12/05/13 12:54 >>>
On Sat, 11 May 2013 11:33:13 -0700 (PDT), Writer
<generic668 at yahoo.ca> wrote:

>I say we start a new company and create a competitor
>to FrameMaker! Who's with me? Anyone? Anyone?

Well... we've had one on the back burner for several
years now.  Basically it's an Open Source GPL project,
so zero financing needed, with a very basic core and
plugins independently installable for most of the
functionality.  We called it "Omni 2.0", after the
very first product I wrote, the first screen-oriented
editor ever on CP/M 1.4 on 8080 (way before WordStar).

If there really is much interest, we can set it up
as a SourceForge project pretty easily (we have a
couple of others on SourceForge).  We're not set on
that name, or on much of anything else except GPL.

Greed doesn't always have to win out...  ;-)

  <jeremy at omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/

notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.