OT: Corporate madness - Adobe software to be subscription only

Dave.Stamm at gdc4s.com Dave.Stamm at gdc4s.com
Mon May 13 13:19:22 PDT 2013

2013-05-13-01T20:20Z

Nadine -

Nadine, I certainly wouldn't swing the bat if you were within range.  On the other hand, having served in the US Army Infantry, I'd call it "bursting radius."

Well, if you'll accept an American source, please see

	http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/capitalism and

	http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/free+market?show=0&t=1368475416 .

So, I make the answer to your question as, " . . . an economic system characterized by . . . distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market."

Also, please consider the following.  It is a very-close paraphrasing of a statement by a professor of accounting is his class many years ago.

The purpose of business is to make money.  The purpose of business is _not_ to produce a valuable good or to deliver a worthwhile service.  The purpose of business is to _make_money_.

And, if you'll allow an allusion from the Bible:  "The _love_ of money is the root of all evil."  (emphasis added because it is often misquoted as "Money is the root of all evil."  DAS)

*Being concerned that Nadine and others might be within bursting radius, puts figurative safety pin back into figurative hand grenade.*

Regards,
Dave Stamm
Information Engineer