FrameMaker 11 and referenced graphics pointing to wrong drive: nightmare alley

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Tue May 14 12:36:42 PDT 2013

I don't think this will work because Rob already has an H: drive, which is where his FM files are. You can't assign two drives (or two partitions) to the same letter.

I think his only option is moving the directories to the drive letter that FrameMaker is expecting to use. But I'm not sure because I have *never* kept files for any FrameMaker project in more than one partition because I know that this practice forces FrameMaker to use absolute paths to the referenced files rather than relative paths. As much as possible (and it's not always possible when using any files that are shared among multiple documents) I have always kept all files for any given document in subdirectories within the same branch of my directory structure.

-Fred Ridder