FrameMaker 11 and referenced graphics pointing to wrong drive: nightmare alley

rebecca officer rebecca.officer at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Tue May 14 17:00:11 PDT 2013

Yes, you should only have to do the remapping once per chapter even if the graphics files are on a different drive ... if all the graphics are in a single folder. If they aren't, you have to do it once per chapter per folder. If you've got lots of graphics folders, that's a right pain. If possible, I'd move all the graphics into one folder.

If your graphics' source folder changes multiple times in a file, FM will try to get you to pick the source folder for each graphic in turn. It's quicker to point the first missing graphic to the correct location (say folder1), then skip the rest of the missing graphics. FM will fix all references to folder1. Then save the file, close it, reopen it, and repeat for folder2 etc.

Cheers
Rebecca

>>> Lise Bible <rentagoodbook at gmail.com> 15/05/13 08:12 >>>
I recall that when I've had Frame files (that had been moved) looking for graphics in a certain directory and couldn't find them, if I pointed the first one to the correct directory, it found the rest in that same directory.
Now, caveats being that in my case, the frame files and the graphics files are both on sub-directories of the same network drive name, and all the graphics files are in one folder, so I don't know if this works if it has to navigate to the "root" of a different drive, as Fred references below.
-Lise