Corporate madness - Adobe software to be subscription only

Liz Fraley liz at caltonia.com
Wed May 15 08:31:09 PDT 2013

This move is problematic for enterprises who exchange and archive files and
who need the ability to do version management.  (And by that I mean tool
version.)  Lots of customers are deliberately on old versions because
moving is a big deal and slow: You want to be sure that you can open old
files that contain past work well into the future. You can't assume that
they'll provide previous versions in the cloud. Archiving a VM with an old
version is easy to to; The cloud is much more difficult to archive. Plus,
any cloud vendor can decide at any time that it's not profitable to support
all the data you put there and just cease to do so.