Corporate madness - Adobe software to be subscription only

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Wed May 15 11:36:42 PDT 2013

The hell you say. The only deadline I've ever missed was the result of
my department's PCs being updated to Word 2003 without warning. There
were bugs that made it impossible to update the headers and footers in
a new features doc that had to be in Word format because marketing had
the final cut.

Why waste money on software I don't need? I bought Acrobat 8,
Photoshop 5, and Illustrator 7, and FrameMaker 6 years ago and they
still work fine. FrameMaker 8 was maybe worth the cost of upgrading,
nothing since then has been. If I'd been paying for subscriptions all
that time I'd have spent a lot more money than I did buying them
outright.