Corporate madness - Adobe software to be subscription only

David Creamer IDEASlists at IDEAStraining.com
Thu May 16 11:01:43 PDT 2013

Not sure why you need to doubt my statement--but, let's see...

I use on a regular basis:
Photoshop
Lightroom
InDesign (with DPS)
InCopy (currently I purchase separately, but it will be the new ACC release)
Dreamweaver
Edge Animate/Services
Premiere Pro/Encore
Media Encoder
After Effects
And all of the TCS4 programs (FrameMaker, Acrobat, Captivate, Illustrator,
RoboHelp, Presenter)
LiveCycle Designer (not included with Acrobat anymore, but I upgraded
separately)

Others I use fairly often:
Audition
Prelude
SpeedGrade
Muse

Although I downloaded TCS4 as a direct purchase, I also subscribed to it in
order to get the latest/greatest updates to Captivate. Otherwise, the
updates were not available to me until an official update came out (whatever
it will be called: TCS4.5 or TCS5).
(Not sure if Maxwell's post was due to my post, but I never implied that
TCS4 was ONLY subscription based. It is just the subscriptions get updates
as soon as they are released and at no additional cost. I needed that for
Captivate, not Frame.)

David Creamer
IDEAS Training

Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 08:11:48 -0700
From: Robert Lauriston <robert at lauriston.com>

>What Adobe programs do you need that aren't in TCS 4?

>Illustrator replaced Photoshop, which was in TCS 3.5, but there are
>freeware bitmap editors that do everything I need.