OT: Corporate madness - Adobe software to be subscription only

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Wed May 22 09:35:01 PDT 2013

 > I'm under the impression that the subscription is about the same
price as constant upgrades.

Actually, it's substantially more. I looked back and the last two CS
upgrades I bought were around $600. The product has an 18-month cycle
between upgrades, which means an average of $400 per year-- even less
for those who didn't upgrade every version like I did.

To subscribe to the same software is now $600 per year-- and if you quit
paying, you can't keep using your existing software version. You are DONE.

You know, we users ought to start billing Adobe for the hours we spend
providing free customer support for them in the various forums. We
undoubtedly save the company millions of dollars per year. I imagine
that the billing for my posts on this listserve and the Adobe FrameMaker
forums alone would be worth well more than a lifetime subscription plan
to Creative Cloud.

Mike Wickham