How to set up a Running H/F to call a paratag from a previous file

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Thu May 23 15:47:15 PDT 2013

The reason that the child pages are in individual files is because
the client isn't sure yet how he wants to organize the content of the
book. Hundreds of diagrams that could be grouped in various ways. To
remain flexible, it made sense to create individual files that I
could organize at the book level.

Xrefs and variables won't work in this situation because I really
want this automated. If I organize a set of child pages one way at
first and define a variable representing the "parent," if the child
moves to a different parent, then I'll have to change perhaps dozens
of variables. I'll see what Rick Quatro can come up with in terms of scripting.

Thanks everyone for such speedy responses. I was twiddling thumbs for
a whole 5 minutes before your ideas came back to me. You are great!

Carol