Anyone know of an FM to TeX "converter"

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Tue May 28 13:27:01 PDT 2013

Hi, all.

As the subject says ... a MIF (or binary-FM) to TeX would be a good tool!

LaTeX would be far more useful, but I suspect that getting a clean fit from _any_ given FM file to templates in LaTeX might be difficult. Getting the output "close enough" would be workable, as long as I could tweak the output files to make them work out well in LaTeX.

In my search to reduce my dependency on FrameMaker (because of the recent Adobe pricing and cloud decisions), I am hoping to change my 17+ years of FrameMaker files to another format. I  have used LaTeX in the distant past, and for 90% of my specifications written in FrameMaker, it would be a completely workable solution! The remaining ones could be moved to Word.

P.S.: Jeremy (hoping you are reading this e-mail), does Mif2Go perhaps support output in TeX? Or any possible plans to do so?