Duplicate Flow Tag

Fei Min Lorente FeiMin.Lorente at onsemi.com
Fri May 31 07:39:35 PDT 2013

I'm using FrameMaker 10 on Windows XP.

I have a structured FrameMaker file that somehow got a duplicate flow tag, and as a result, the document compare won't work properly:
"The document named New.fm contains multiple flows with the same name (A). These flows will be ignored when the documents are compared. Continue with the comparison?"

I'd like to get rid of the duplicate flow tag, so I checked the documentation about connecting text frames (Format > Customize Layout > Connect Text Frames), but when I try to do that, I get "Cannot change text frame connections. Flow is structured." Occasionally, I also get "OK to use a text frame that isn't visible?"

So I'm worried that there are invisible text frames in there that are also called Flow A. If that's possible, how do I find them and delete them?

Fei Min
Fei Min Lorente
Senior Technical Communicator
Medical Division