Character Tag "As Is" setting--isn't

Heiko Haida info at heiko-haida.de
Thu Nov 14 06:05:38 PST 2013

Well, it is extremely useful to have character format definitions that
leave certain issues undefined.

The bug (old, indeed) is, that the "as is" used here is the same "as is"
that is used for redefining formats (like for para or table formats).

It is necessary to keep this in mind when working with character
formats. You always have to put everything in that is intended to be
used.

My advice: Make character formats as simple as possible, by defining
only the new color (here = Blue), or a new font size, or new weight. The
less properties are defined the better the format can be used.

Best regards -

Tino H. Haida, Berlin

Shmuel Wolfson:

> This is a very old FrameMaker bug. When you set everything to As Is, the
> text size doesn't show As Is, but it does function as As Is. It's just a
> display problem.
>
> Regards,
> Shmuel Wolfson
> Technical Writer
> 052-763-7133
>
> On 14-Nov-13 12:05 AM, Beverly Robinson wrote:
>
>> FrameMaker 10.0.2.419 on Windows 7 64-bit My template has a character tag, Hyperlink, that makes text blue. The Size setting had been at 11 pt, the size for Body paragraphs. Recently I needed to use the tag in a cross-reference in a table footnote. Table footnotes are 9 pt. So I changed the Size setting to As Is but: ·After clicking As Is, the Size control doesn't say "As Is"--it's blank. ·Hyperlink text in table footnotes is larger than 9 pt. FrameMaker help says nothing about this anomaly and I didn't see anything similar in the first 5 pages on the FrameMaker user forum. Has anyone else run into this? Found a solution? Thanks for your help, Beverly _______________________________________________ You are currently subscribed to framers as shmuelw1 at gmail.com. Send list messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com. To unsubscribe send a blank email to framers-unsubscribe at lists.frameusers.com or visit http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/shmuelw1%40gmail.com [1
 ] Send
administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit http://www.frameusers.com/ [2] for more resources and info.

Links:
------