InDesign to FrameMaker 9.0 for Windows 7

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Sat Nov 16 10:35:42 PST 2013

No, not really. Just that the software designers have not thought much
past their immediate brief.

They are both end-of-production-process applications and the output from
them is considered to be what will be required for output purposes not
for further post-processing by other programs that effectively do the
same thing.

I have not weighed in because everyone has pretty much echoed my
suggestions and thoughts about conversion and my choice would have been
either RTF or PDF (extracting the content from a PDF). However, what
would be required to get an IDML file into Frame? I have not looked at it.

Alan