Choosing a Help Format

Fei Min Lorente FeiMin.Lorente at onsemi.com
Thu Nov 28 06:23:01 PST 2013

Thanks for the suggestion, Grant, but I’m not clear on whether it supports Windows 7. We’ll look into it.

Yup, Rob confirmed that MS Help Viewer only works with Visual Studio. So it looks like we’re stuck with MS HTML Help (.chm), which is a bit more modern than WinHelp. Eclipse Help and OmniHelp are also still in the running. We found that we can do a rudimentary context-sensitive help with any of them if we link to a URL and don’t try to link to a mid-page anchor.

Thanks to everyone who responded. With your help, we are very close to making a decision.

Fei Min