Set-up in Framemaker to link to PDF in attachment

de Rouck, Tom (Gent) Tom.deRouck at sgs.com
Fri Nov 29 00:27:43 PST 2013

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a hypertext marker pattern (or alternative) in Framemaker 8 (Win7) to create a working link in the resulting PDF to a PDF that was manually added in attachment. We tried with "message URL" but then the linked PDF has to be in the correct folder (relative to the PDF that results from the Frame file). We tried with a gotolink and named destination but the link is lost during PDF creation - which is logic as Framemaker checks and does not find a result. We can get the links to work in PDF but then it has to be done manually and that's not what we want.
I hope I made myself clear...

Thanks for your ideas,
Kind regards,
Tom

Tom De Rouck
SGS Documentation Services
Junior Project Manager

SGS Belgium NV
Derbystraat 243
B-9051 - Gent

Information in this email and any attachments is confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed
or otherwise directed. Please note that any views or opinions presented
in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the Company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. The Company accepts no liability for any damage
All SGS services are rendered in accordance with the applicable SGS
conditions of service available on request and accessible at
http://www.sgs.com/en/Terms-and-Conditions.aspx