FM 8: Index marker syntax

VLM TechSubs TechSubs at VibrantLivingMinistries.org
Wed Oct 2 17:20:05 PDT 2013

Thanks for responding so quickly, Jack.

But, isn't the colon the standard FrameMaker subentry separator? At
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/8.0/help.html?content=Chap12-TOC-Indexes_19.html, docs say:

  _____

To create a subentry:

Separate the entry from the subentry with a colon (:). For example, to create the first subentry in the illustration, enter
Continental drift:fossil evidence

A subentry is always preceded by the entry to which it is subordinate. If you need two subentry levels, place a colon between the
subentry and the sub-subentry. For example, enter Continental drift:fossil evidence:dating of

  _____

How does what I'm doing differ from this? I have a whole bunch of these, and they are all failing. Could there be a problem with
putting two separate entries of such construction into a single index marker? Was never a problem in 5.5.6 (last version in which I
built a major index).

I'm feeling VERY bewildered at the moment! :)
Elchanan