FM 8: Index marker syntax

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 2 20:51:19 PDT 2013

Frank Stearns wrote:

> Finally, I have a very fuzzy memory that FM8 had introduced some bugs
> in marker handling... Anyone else remember this? Do you have the
> lastest version of FM8?

I don't have a specific recollection of any index bug in FM8, but I have only used FM8 at my current employer, who basically doesn't believe in spending time on indexes (we produce mostly API documentation and highly organized specification docs for SoC devices). At my previous employer, indexes were customary, but that was FM7 and I was relying on Frank's excellent IXgen to help me keep everything consistent.

But for the record, the last patch version of FM8 was p277, dating back to June 2007. See http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows for each of the three FM8 updates (which have to be installed sequentially since none is cumulative)

-Fred Ridder