Adobe was hacked

John Sgammato john.sgammato at actifio.com
Fri Oct 4 08:59:35 PDT 2013

Thanks for the alert, Tammy!
IMO they should have blasted an email to all of us...
I just posted the Adobe link to the STC New England Facebook page and
Tweeted it.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Tammy Van Boening <
tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com> wrote:

>  All,****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> I am sure that some of you have might have already seen this on MSNBC or
> the like today, but for those of you who have not - Adobe was hacked over
> two weeks ago and they are just now sending out the announcement to
> affected and possibly affected customers. Over 3 million accounts were
> impacted. You can google the topic and find many in depth articles about
> the situation.  ****
>
> ** **
>
> I figured that this might be some helpful information for those of you who
> weren't yet made aware of the situation.****
>
> ** **
>
> TVB****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Important Customer Security Alert****
>
> [image: Adobe]****
>
> Read online<http://view.mail.adobesystems.com/?j=fec4167675610c7b&m=fe9915737760037f76&ls=fe4b1270776c0d747c1d&l=ff971272&s=fe641577756d007d7314&jb=ff6317707c&ju=>
> ****
>
> [image: Adobe]****
>
> Important Customer Security Alert****
>
> *To view this message in a language other than English, please click here<http://www.adobe.com/go/cc-email>
> .*
>
> We recently discovered that attackers illegally entered our network. The
> attackers may have obtained access to your Adobe ID and encrypted password.
> We currently have no indication that there has been unauthorized activity
> on your account. If you have placed an order with us, information such as
> your name, encrypted payment card number, and card expiration date also may
> have been accessed. We do not believe any decrypted card numbers were
> removed from our systems.
>
> To prevent unauthorized access to your account, we have reset your
> password. Please visit *www.adobe.com/go/passwordreset* to create a new
> password. We recommend that you also change your password on any website
> where you use the same user ID or password. As always, please be cautious
> when responding to any email seeking your personal information.
>
> We also recommend that you monitor your account for incidents of fraud and
> identity theft, including regularly reviewing your account statements and
> monitoring credit reports. If you discover any suspicious or unusual
> activity on your account or suspect identity theft or fraud, you should
> report it immediately to your bank. You will be receiving a letter from us
> shortly that provides more information on this matter.
>
> We deeply regret any inconvenience this may cause you. We value the trust
> of our customers and we will work aggressively to prevent these types of
> events from occurring in the future. If you have questions, you can learn
> more by visiting our Customer Alert page, which you will find here<http://www.adobe.com/go/customer_alert>.
> [...]

<http://www.actifio.com/>    *John Sgammato, Documentation Architect*
*e* john.sgammato at actifio.com  *c* 508.927.2083
*t* @actifiodocs <http://twitter.com/actifiodocs>

333 Wyman Street, Waltham, MA 02451
<http://twitter.com/actifio>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/399246>
<https://plus.google.com/102870897962348937868/posts>
  <http://www.youtube.com/user/actifio>    <http://www.actifio.com/>

*Radically simple copy data management *

*.**
*