The Adobe credit card issue may indeed be a major issue - PLEASE READ - URGENT

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Sun Oct 6 13:19:39 PDT 2013

Milan Davidović [mailto:milan.lists at gmail.com] wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Alan Litchfield <alan at alphabyte.co.nz> wrote:
> > some does not thing to reduce the effect of criminals who have been
> > provided with the means for gaining access to *our money*.

> So, per the terms and conditions of your credit card, you're on the hook?

No, usually not an issue for the individual card holder, but if you do not check in time, the crooks do get away with the goods for sure. And, if you do not check your monthly reports from the credit card companies, in 60 to 90 days, you lose the right to dispute the charge.

*Unlike* Visa and Mastercard, the folks at American Express are particularly good - in the three attempts on my card (all rejected), nearly $1000 of fraudulent purchases were prevented.

Without this, the crooks *would* have made off with those $1000 worth of goods - even though I would NOT have been personally liable. And that cost would have been "passed on to everybody in general".