The Adobe credit card issue may indeed be a major issue - PLEASE READ - URGENT

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Sun Oct 6 14:37:05 PDT 2013

Milan Davidović <milan.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain at aeris.net) <Syed.Hosain at aeris.net> wrote:
> > That added cost would be smaller per person/account than the cost (not just money) of dealing with the resulting fraud costs.
>
> Honestly, just asking questions; no other rationale; I wonder *how* much of a difference there is between the two.

Good question. Recently having dealt with security planning and costs at my company, my intuition (but not knowledge) says that this cost is minimal compared to the fraud loss potential. For a hypothetical example, in my case *alone*, that $1000 of avoided fraud (even though it wouldn't have impacted me personally) was the equivalent of 1 year of SSL certificate renewal. :)

And, sure, the costs of added security for financial transactions are probably higher, but my intuition says this cost would be relatively minor, compared to the fraud savings and avoidance of a highly visible black eye.

Anyway, this discussion has drifted pretty far from the list topic - to close my further input, I will simply ask people, if they have received a notice from Adobe - to take this matter seriously and change their credit cards. I got lucky, but many may not realize it till later.