The Adobe credit card issue may indeed be a major issue - PLEASE READ - URGENT

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Sun Oct 6 12:27:06 PDT 2013

Using a debit card could leave you liable for any losses due to theft,
whereas with a credit card the bank is stuck with any unauthorized
charges it allows.

Citi and probably other banks let you define a "virtual" credit card
number for a particular merchant and restrict charges to that number.

https://www.citibank.com/us/cards/gen-content/messages/van/