Save as HTML in FrameMaker 11

Austin Meredith kouroo at kouroo.info
Sun Oct 20 17:10:24 PDT 2013

I'm using FrameMaker 9 Unstructured with Windows 7 to generate PDFs for the
internet, and I'm forever getting complaints from my users such as "Your live
links simply don't function, with Safari on my iPad!"

Once upon a time I attempted to generate HTML output but the only result I was
able to obtain, way back then, was unreadable garbage, unreadable garbage that
at my skill level I couldn't figure out how to fix. What would probably be my
experience *now* if I upgraded to FrameMaker 11 Unstructured and again attempted
to "Save as HTML"? With the new software, would this now produce reasonable HTML
output that I could then expect to be able to fine-tune? Or --my skill levels
being as low as they are-- would I probably still find myself in that same fix?