How to Delete Conditional Text Markers from a Book

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Tue Oct 22 01:28:05 PDT 2013

Hi,

These markers appear only, if you hide conditional text.
The marker is a way for FrameMaker to remember where
the hidden conditional text must be placed.

If you delete the marker, the conditional text cannot be
shown again. I admit I do not know, if the text is still there
in the file or whether it will be deleted together with the
marker. This can possibly be clarified when examining the
MIF file.

You can delete such a marker easily, if you search for "Marker
of Type" and enter "Conditional Text". Change by nothing.

Better: Show all conditions and search for a specific
condition and replace by nothing.
Or delete a condition with/without all text.

Best regards

Winfried