FM, How to Delete Unused Conditional Text Names from a Book

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 22 08:00:52 PDT 2013

Note that if any of the unused conditions are still defined in any of the chapter files, the names will reappear in the book file the next time you do an Update Book operation.

Also note that a book file cannot contain conditional text *markers* as you originally asked about. Conditional text markers are non-printing symbols that appear in a text flow to encapsulate hidden conditionalized content when the content's condition(s) is set to hide rather than show. Since the book file has no text flows, it cannot contain markers. What it *does* contain is a compiled list of the names of all the conditions that exist in any of the component .fm files. Yes, I'm being picky about terminology, but conditional text is complicated enough (and misunderstood enough by many users) that there's no need to add more confusion.

-Fred Ridder