Insert image as H/F variable - script

Wim Hooghwinkel - idtp wim at idtp.eu
Wed Oct 23 07:18:29 PDT 2013

Well, I guess the current use case is fairly simple. Suppose we use a marker in the text: Header/Footer $1. This marker has as content the name of the image, let's say Pict0001. The Running H/F will display the text (Pict0001). So what we need is an extend script that replaces the H/F text with the actual image: Pict0001.jpg.

As I'm still not able to write scripts - too busy with other things I guess - can someone advise me on such a script, would it be very difficult? In the workflow it should be automatically triggered once the XML is opened in FM (10), so that the use experiences it as 'real' H/F. We'll need a manual 'reload' action of course in case of repagination and content change. For ease of use we can put the complete path of the image in the marker of course, or use a relative path.

Vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Wim Hooghwinkel

Op 18 okt. 2013, om 19:13 heeft David Artman <david at davidartman.com> het volgende geschreven: