So Long and Thanks for the Fish -- Migrating from FrameMaker to Flare

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Mon Oct 28 11:48:39 PDT 2013

Interestingly, Syed's comments mirror my own trajectory but I have been
using LaTeX et al for as long as I have been using FrameMaker.

I doubt I will be moving past version 10 unless my clients continue to
request I upgrade (to match compatibility with their software). I doubt
I will be taking any short term licensing options because files are not
created for short term use.

Importantly for me, TeXLive is free and has a strong and vibrant user base.

Alan