Structured FM11 Not translating horizontal tab character -

George, Brenda (CAI) BGeorge at federatedinv.com
Mon Oct 28 07:00:34 PDT 2013

In my office, we are upgrading from Structured FrameMaker 8 in Win XP to Structured FrameMaker 11 in Win 7. Part of the work that I do involves importing xml feeds into Structured FrameMaker templates using an automated process. As I am testing the importing into FM 11 I am noticing that the special character code used for a horizontal tab - 	 - is not translating into a tab after the xml feed has been imported into the FM 11 template. It does translate into a horizontal tab when imported into FM 8.

FrameMaker 11 is not substituting a space for the tab when the data is imported. It was suggested that I check to see that the preserve line breaks rule is set up. I am using the same Read/Write Rules file and other system files that I used when importing into FrameMaker 8. I'm assuming that the preserve line breaks rule is part of the Read/Write file. Am I correct?

Any assistance with resolving this issue will be appreciated.

Brenda George
Desk: (724) 720-8491
bgeorge at federatedinv.com

Unless notified to the contrary by the sender, the recipient should
consider the contents of this message including any attachments to
be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient and have
received this message in error, please contact Federated Investors
immediately by forwarding this email to notify at federatedinv.com and
then delete this message from your system. Saving, copying or
disseminating an inadvertently received email could violate state
and Federal privacy laws. All emails received by or sent from
Federated may be provided to regulators or law enforcement
agencies, or used for other purposes consistent with Federated's
business interests. Thank you for your cooperation.