So Long and Thanks for the Fish -- Migrating from FrameMaker to Flare

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Mon Oct 28 18:09:46 PDT 2013

Well...

On 29/10/13 1:33 PM, VLM TechSubs wrote:

> To the LaTex advocates: What version/product/learning tools and
> resources have you found most useful? I’m not at all interested in
> going back to some coding-oriented environment.

Since I use Mac and Windows I use TeXLive that provides MacTeX and
MikTeX respectively. On the Mac, I use TeXShop exclusively and on
Windows, mainly TeXWorks.

I wouldn't call it a coding oriented environment, but some might. It
prefer to think of it as wysiwym.

For those that prefer the wysiwyg experience, there is Scientific Word:
http://www.mackichan.com/index.html?products/sw.html

> It occurs to me that leaving FrameMaker cuts one’s last tie to Adobe
> Acrobat, as well. One may need Acrobat to publish from Adobe
> applications, but not to publish from anyplace else, of which I am aware.

I use Acrobat quite often, but I am not tied to the latest version of it.

Alan