So Long and Thanks for the Fish -- Migrating from FrameMaker to Flare

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Tue Oct 29 11:25:04 PDT 2013

PDF generation with intra-document references is one of the limitations in Adobe Acrobat equivalents from other sources (when used with FrameMaker) - Rick Quatro had mentioned this in a response to one of my earlier posts too.

However, from TeXstudio (i.e., when using LaTeX), I can get intra-document references to work sufficiently well (not perfectly, I admit) in PDF output, so I stopped searching for an alternative to Adobe Acrobat. FWIW, now, the only reason Acrobat gets used on my system is because I have been too lazy to remove it as the "default" app when I look at a PDF, or when I generate PDF output from an old FrameMaker doc.

I don't plan to upgrade Acrobat past my current version ... since I _think_ (no specific knowledge though) that the next version is likely to use a subscription model.