FM 10 not copying contents from the Windows clipboard

Heiko Haida info at heiko-haida.de
Wed Sep 11 04:51:18 PDT 2013

Hi Linda,

this problem seems to be common for some Adobe
applications. I have it with Indesign CS4 and old Win XP, and also with
Indesign CS6 and Win7. Fortunately, I can work for quite a long time...
Suddenly, nothing can be copied/pasted, not even text.

In the Adobe
forums, this is vividly discussed, mostly concerning Photoshop. I did
not find any solution that seemed to be working for everybody/every
constellation.

Some had a solution when unstalling certain plugins or
certain applications (like Skype). Others reported this to be specific
for their 64bit installation of Windows, not for a 32bit installation.
Some think the problem is related to Adobe, some think, Microsoft should
fix it.

So, it is really hard to say what could help you.

While
searching with "windows clipboard lock" I found something that was new
to me in Win7: The clipboard may be "emptied" with a special command
sequence.
-->
http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-empty-the-clipboard-in-windows-7-tip/

Well, I do not know, if this works while FrameMaker is still
running... Maybe the "blocking" is stronger...

Or:
You could try one
of the many "Clipboard manager" utilities to see if using them can help
you out.

Good luck -

Tino H. Haida, Berlin

Linda Rose:

> FM 10
is not copying anything on the Windows clipboard after a while. It only
pastes the last thing copied within FM. If I restart, it works for
awhile but then stops copying from the Windows clipboard.

> Anyone
know how to fix this?

> Thanks,
>
> Linda