Adobe PS driver vanished after Adobe failed Acrobat update

Böðvar Björgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 10:13:00 PDT 2013

A few days ago i accepted (once again!) Adobe's request for update on Adobe
Acrobat (or Reader) — security reasons, they said. And, as usual, while
downloading the message was that I could keep on with my work.

However, the installer gave up when trying to install the update and told
me it didn't have the rights, system being Windows 7.

I thought nothing more of it until now when I tried to print a FM10 file to
file, there was no option for it. I tried the Distiller on a ps file and it
worked fine. I tried to save as pdf in FM10 and it started but quit with
complaints that there was no Adobe ps driver available.

On the Adobe website i only find older versions of ps drivers and all the
answers I can see are about having to set it up as a new printer in
Windows, but I do not know where to look for it. I don't find any such
thing in System32\drivers.

And they warn that the ps drivers on Adobe's website do not work with Vista
or newer.

Any comments?