RESOLVED: Annotating text in a cross-ref in a PDF

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Tue Apr 1 08:22:00 PDT 2014

With help from Winifried and Rick, I finally figured out what the
problem was and why I couldn't select text within a cross-reference
so that I could annotate it. What was not pointed out in anyone's
instructions is that you must have the I-beam/Arrow tool selected as
the default tool. Generally, my default tool is the Hand tool and I
rarely have occasion to use the I-beam/Arrow tool, so it didn't even
occur to me to check.

So, to annotate text in a cross-ref, make sure the I-Beam/Arrow tool
is selected. Do not select an annotation tool yet. Click and drag the
I-beam cursor across the text you want to annotate. Then select the
annotation tool to apply the annotation.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Carol