search fo end of line

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Fri Apr 4 05:13:13 PDT 2014

Hi,

Please test this yourself what Jakub had reported.
Of course this is a bug.

I think this might be related to this finding.
When you press the EndOfLine button the insertion point
is directly after the last word and _before_ the space
following it.
When you enter the text of a word without the following space
at the end of a line, but not at the end of a paragraph,
and then $ and select Wildcards in the Search dialog,
then FrameMaker will find this word.
However, if you enter the word with its following space,
FrameMaker will _not_ find it although the space should be
at the end of the line as it does not appear at the beginning
of the next line.
Therefore it seems that the characters which allow a line break
(Format | Document | Text Options) cannot be found at the
end of a line with $.
And Jakub´s hyphen is one of these characters.

Best regards

Winfried