Question about docking pods in FM10

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue Apr 8 08:50:02 PDT 2014

On 2014-Apr-07 2:58 PM, Keith Soltys wrote:

> Frame 10 has an annoying behaviour that I haven’t been able to stop.
>
> I have two monitors, one set up in portrait mode on which I keep my
> working documents and the other in landscape mode on which I keep open
> dialogs and pods. I drag my book file to the landscape monitor (Frame
> never remembers the last position, which is a minor annoyance).
>
> But sometimes when I open a new dialog or pod, Frame insists on
> snapping it to the book file or another dialog. I like to arrange
> things in a particular order, with the most accessed dialogs on the
> left side of the monitor. The problem is that if the dialogs or pods
> are snapped together, when I close one, the other closes too.
>
> Is there any way of preventing this?

Keith,

When you've got everything set up the way you want it, click Save
Workspace in the drop-down menu to the left of the Minimize button on
the title bar. Name it as you like (mine is !Stuart so it sorts
alphabetically to the top of the list). When FM misbehaves or things get
moved around inconveniently, click Reset Workspace in the same menu and
press Enter (because Adobe can never be sure that you /really/ want your
workspace back), and you should be good to go. Ctrl+L used to be my most
often-used FM command. Now it's Reset Workspace (+curse, press Enter).

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator