making stuff unconditional in FM12

rebecca officer rebecca.officer at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Tue Apr 8 22:21:51 PDT 2014

Hi everyone

First off, thanks to everyone who pointed out the Control+6 keyboard
shortcut. 13 years of FM and I didn't know that one. It certainly beats
the copy special route.

Second, Kapil Verma, the FM product manager, emailed me off-list to
discuss the functionality, and let me know they'll be adding a button in
the conditional text pod to make stuff unconditional. He also explained
why the checkboxes behave like they do, and suggested an improvement.

I'm very impressed at that level of response to my whinge - thanks,
Adobe!

I certainly find the pods an improvement on the old interface, so
overall I'm happier with the new UI than the old.

Cheers
Rebecca

>>> Keith Soltys <keith.soltys at tmx.com> 1/04/14 02:14 >>>

I’m with Scott on this one.
I do have my gripes about some of the FM interface (I’m still using 10
but will upgrade to 12 as soon as WebWorks supports it), but in general,
I’ve found the pods and tearaway catalogs useful. I use two monitors,
one in portrait mode for my content, and one in landscape mode for all
of the dialogs. Works well and keeps my working area clean.
Adobe is paying a lot of attention to its users. I’ve had direct
contact with the Adobe development team based on comments made here and
in the Adobe forums – they are listening.  Bear in mind that FrameMaker
is not the only product Adobe sells and some of the changes made were to
make FrameMaker more consistent with their other products. You may
consider this approach misguided but it’s corporate policy and almost
certainly beyond the control of the Adobe team.
Regards
Keith