URL Checker

Scott Prentice sp10 at leximation.com
Tue Apr 29 17:55:54 PDT 2014

Hi John...

Interesting.

First, you'd have to define what it means for a link to be "valid". Are
these URLs to content on a web server? If so, does valid mean that it
doesn't return a 404 error (page not found)? Or do you need to know that
the page actually has the content that you expected it to .. in which
case you might want to be able to scan the content at the target URL for
text that matches the link text?

Or .. am I blowing this out of proportion, and you're just looking on a
local file system for a matching file name?

If the latter, ExtendScript should be able to do what you need, if the
former, you might need a bit more processing power like an FDK client.

I'll be interested to see if anyone else has done this sort of thing.

If you need help developing such a script/utility .. give me a holler.

Cheers,

...scott

Scott Prentice
Leximation, Inc.