More about characters

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 4 08:36:44 PDT 2014

>From the FrameMaker 9 User Guide:

Unicode code points can also be used for performing search and replace operations. For example, you can provide \uXXXX as the input to locate a character that has code point XXXX. Thus, to search for letter “A” whose code point is u+0041, you can specify \u0041 in the Find/Change dialog box.

The same technique works in most FM-specific dialog boxes (but not necessarily in ones that access Windows OS services).

-Fred Ridder