Interface issues with Frame 12 in Parallels: SOLVED

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 9 05:22:16 PDT 2014

I previously wrote...

> >2. In a Parallels install of v 12 under Win7, online help is completely unusable: everything appears in a single column even if the dialog is widened.
>>
>>Base machine is a Mac Pro running Mavericks.
>
>Any chance of your team picking this up, Vikram? All graphics are distorted, all contents skewed off to the left. If the help window is widened, all text collapses into a narrow column about one word wide.

This was due to the default Win7 install using IE 8. Upgrading to IE 9 fixed the issue

For some reason, although M$ strongly suggested I should upgrade to IE 11, it would not install on 64-bit Win7. I haven't pursued this yet.

Many thanks to Vikas and the TCS Gold team for excellent support over this issue.

--
Steve