Getting a handle on structured Frame (DITA)

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 13 16:21:08 PDT 2014

Theresa

Going back to your original posting...

>Also, my project involves converting two novellas into one ebook.

... it does not sound as if the documents you are working on are structurally complex. Before you give yourself a lot of pain, it might be worth revisiting the issue of whether you need to use structured FrameMaker at all.

As for the other issues, I'm in the same camp as Rick. When I started with structure, I was faced with two issues:

1. A complex book design that had been produced by a design agency with no thought to structure or indeed of FrameMaker.

2. A group of authors who *demanded* structured, for reasons of reuse leverage.

so I had no choice.

I will send you a further article off-list that describes how I went about it.

--
Steve