FrameMaker 12 Package function doesn't really work

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 02:26:38 PDT 2014

Hi group

I've got an Fm file with graphics imported by reference. The Fm file is in
folder A and the graphics are in folder B, C and D.

When I try to create a package, I get a message saying that I "opted not to
create [a] package if dependent file(s) are missing" and that "files will
not be copied as they exist outside [the] containing folder of the document
to be packaged".

No I did not "opt" this and I thought that was the whole idea of creating a
"package": to collect all the linked graphics into a single folder (or
subfolders), as the Archive plugin or the Archive ExtendScript did.

So, when I click "Continue" after seeing the above messages, a ZIP file is
created but it only contains my Fm file, no graphics.

Cheers

--
Yves Barbion
www.scripto.nu