Mif2Go suddenly failing on all machines

Jay Maechtlen techpubs at laserpubs.com
Wed Aug 20 00:04:04 PDT 2014

Sometimes it seems like Win 7 decides to protect a directory?
And you can huff and puff, but it keeps applying some accursed attribute...

you can create a directory in some safe location (or copy a known
functioning directory), rename the cursed directory, then copy the good
directory to where you need it, and it will (may?) keep its usablility.
I went through this a while back -then  you can copy the files of
interest into the fresh directory, etc....

I expect there's a better way, but this is <something to try>

Good luck!
Jay

On 8/19/2014 6:44 PM, John Sgammato wrote:
> Hi Syed - attached (if it made it) is an example of a blocked file. If
> a file is blocked, then you see it in the Properties > General dialog
> under Attributes. If it is not blocked, then there's blank space there.
> I figured out how to unblock the one that kept reblocking itself (by
> copying it ot the desktop and unblocking it there, then copying it
> back) but that did not fix the issue.
> I searched this afternoon for duplicate DLLs and found none.
> I may reinstall Calibre and then uninstall it with a more aggressive
> tool - I am open to suggestions.
> Here's my path:
> %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;%OMSYSHOME%\common\bin;C:\Program
> Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\
>

> --
> Jay Maechtlen
> 626 840-8875 cell
> 626 444-5112 office