What is the situation with regards to buying used versions of FrameMaker?

Scott Prentice sp14 at leximation.com
Sun Dec 7 15:52:35 PST 2014

Once a license has been upgraded, it's no longer able to be transferred,
and would not be a legal license.

If you can find a "new in box" or better yet "unopened" .. I'd think
that's probably fine. I doubt seriously that anyone is using FrameMaker
a a lure to install viruses. Not likely worth the effort.

I'd avoid FM9 .. but FM8, 10, or 11 should be good.

...scott