structured application on a shared drive

jang at jang.nl jang at jang.nl
Mon Dec 15 03:46:10 PST 2014

Hello Yves,

Sorry for the late reply but I was busy doing other stuff. As Scott Prentice has already answered, there should be no issues with using a network drive for your structured app. I would like to give another suggestion here, which might help to avoid unwanted side-effects of offloading everything from your local computer.
If you use a structapps file on your local computer, either in the Program Folder or in your AppData space (I always use the latter as it avoids various issues when I have to reinstall a fresh FM for whatever reason), you could use a text inset in that structapps file that pulls the specific structured application in from a file on a shared drive. This allows you to mix your own local structured apps with some that are shared between the team members but also allow you to continue working when the network drive may be temporarily unavailable. Depending on your requirements (how often is the shared structured application updated), you may set this text inset to be automatically or manually refreshed.

Kind regards
Jang