online FrameMaker 12 Documentation totally revamped; in PDF

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Mon Dec 15 11:33:27 PST 2014

At around 1280 pixels or wider, there's a TOC nav tree in a left-hand
pane. In the middle of the border between the TOC and the topic pane,
there's a left arrow you can click to minimize the TOC. Minimized,
there's a right arrow to expand it.

At less than 1280, the expanded or minimized TOC disappears, and I see
no way to get it. There is a button in the top left corner you can
click to *replace* the current topic with a hard-to-navigate version
of the TOC with huge amounts of white space.

I only looked at it on my phone to see if the design choices that are
awful on the desktop made any more sense.