FrameMaker documentation

Klaus Daube frame at daube.ch
Fri Dec 19 01:16:18 PST 2014

Can somebody please refresh my memory?

In http://www.daube.ch/docu/fmaker69.html I say:
«
Getting Started guides: At least since FM-8 these guides have disappeared. It's my
impession that newcomers are not considered a relevant group of users by Adobe.

User Guides: Until FM ??? you got a thick manual. Starting with FM-??? the box only
contains a DVD with the program and help files have been dislocated from your PC to
the web. The manual from FrameTechnology for FM-5 was 5cm thick (due to the chaper-
page numbering the number of pages is difficult to get). Adobes manual for FM-7 has
660 pages. Obviously some information must have been streamlined - or left out. Some
special information in separate online-manuals (e.g. concerning asian languages or
customisation of FM) has not been put forwared to newer versions of FM.
»

What number I have to put in place of the ???
Are my statements in error generally?

Thanks
Klaus Daube