Unicode Character Pallette in Frame 12.3/W8.1

Charles Richardson cer at matrixpress.com
Sun Dec 21 10:48:48 PST 2014

I use the Character Palette successfully on a W8.1/64-bit machine running
FM11 (11.0.2.384) to enter special characters.  No previous problems with
FM10.
I'm testing the trial version of FM12 (12.0.3.424) on another W8.1/64-bit
machine.  When I use the Character Palette to enter the same special
characters (same font family), they display as question marks.

Is this a known bug with FM12?  Or is there a likely configuration item I've
overlooked?  Thanks!