Cannot insert the infinity symbol and other special character problems

Ted Steinberg mtedsteinberg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 11:20:06 PST 2014

I am using FrameMaker 12, unstructured = I don't see utilities under
the file menu. Where would I find this ability to do diacriticals et al,
and TM, Registered, et al?

My workaround is to use windows character map, from which I copy and paste
the symbol I want, regardless of how it looks, into my frame document, then
I go to Frame's Character Catalogue and select the "default paragraph font"
and that does it. I have not had an incompatibility issue because I think I
am using well known adobe fonts. Am l AOK with this or an accident waiting
to happen?

*Is the above workaround the best solution or does Frame 12 have a better
one?*

Thanks,

TED

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Fred Ridder <docudoc at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ed Noodland wrote:
>
> >Framemaker does not appear to handle hexadecimal values
> >using the ALT + numeric keypad values.  It does handle
> >decimal values but I can't determine what the different
> >code points (character values) are mapped to. ALT+8734
> >results in a solid triangle for me.
>
> But as of FrameMaker 9, there is a tool that allows input of hexadecimal
> (Unicode) character numbers. Look at File>Utilities>Hex Input. Not as
> convenient as the Alt-key, but it works.
>
> -Fred Ridder

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/mtedsteinberg%40gmail.com

Ted Steinberg