Compatibility of old(ish) Software with Windows 7

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue Feb 18 14:57:32 PST 2014

I had compatibility problems in 64-bit Windows with a lot of older
software I'd rather not waste money buying again. Plus for work I
spend a lot of time testing, so the closer my system is to what
customers are using, the better. Otherwise I end up having to spend
more time dealing with VMs.

You'd think that 64-bit would be the way to go for audio production,
but the consensus I found was that it's still safer to stay with
32-bit to avoid various problems. I'm not hitting any bottlenecks so I
would not get any better performance if I had chosen 64-bit.